Skip to main content

Jogging


It was another typical day and I had just finished dinner, moms old recipe for spaghetti, my favorite. I washed the dishes and went to my room to change into my jogging outfit. 

I was in my car on my way to the high school driving track when I heed a screeching sound. I instantly hit the brakes as a speeding car ran his red light and nearly took out the drivers side of my car. I rolled my eyes and continued on my way to the track.

Once I had my car parked I walked to the track. Apparently I wasn’t alone, and some other people were there, just lazily walking around. I shrugged and started jogging around the track, dodging each person that I passed.

It wasn’t until my third time around the track I noticed something off about the people on the track. I stopped to take a breath and started walking. It felt nice to be lazy for a moment.

That’s when I herd it. There was a quiet voice calling out my name. I looked around but didn’t see anyone looking at me. I looked harder, and that’s when realization hit me. Each of these people, had rotting flesh, and a bloody gash somewhere on their body. Frozen in horror I looked about at all the mangled faces. I stopped at one, it looked so familiar. Another long look and I realized why, “MOM!?” I yelled. No, it couldn’t have been my mother. She died in a drunk driving accident two years ago. But there she stood, a bloody gash in her head. 

I screamed and she looked at me, I couldn’t hear it over my screams, but I could tell she called out my name. I was so scared that I started running. I had to get out of there, so I ran to where I parked my car. But my car wasn’t there, “FUCK!” I yelled, and started running down the street. 

After just a little while of running I felt a terrible pain in my stomach. Probably just some bad ingredients in the spaghetti. I looked down at my stomach in the darkness and noticed that I had a whole bunch of the red sauce on my shirt. That wasn’t my concern though, my priorities were still on running home and calling the police to report my missing car.

I ran a little while longer, taking the same route I took to get to the track, to run home. I saw flashing lights ahead and slowed down. Looking ahead I saw there was a car accident in the same place that speeding car almost hit me. I frowned and walked up trying to get a good look at the accident through the glare of the lights. Another sharp pain hit my stomach and I doubled over, but soon collected myself and trekked forward.

I herd two police officers talking, “Poor girl.” “Coroner says she died on impact.” “Most likely felt the shard of glass go through her stomach before she died though.” I frowned and walked forward, “Hey what happened?” I called out.

The two police officers took one look at me and pulled out their guns. With two guns aimed at me, my hands flew up into the air. Both cops looked terrified to see me, “What the fuck!?” One yelled, “Back the fuck up!!” The other practically screeched. I took a step back, but took a peek in the car. 

I froze in horror at what I saw. There I was. My mangled corpse sitting in the drivers side of my car. A bloody shard of glass in my stomach, and wide empty eyes starring at nothing as blood still seeped onto my jogging suit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets