Skip to main content

Suicide Is Never The Answer

 


Suicide is a selfish choice, and never the answer - No matter how bad it gets. 

Life can be cruel at times. Whether due to a lost job, the death of a loved one, a bad break up, or depression that gets so bad you ache for the quiet nothingness of death. But suicide is never the answer. 

Most problems can be fixed with the help of friends and family, a therapist, medication, or just time. In time things will get better. Easier. 

Suicide, you can't take that back. 

Suicide is a selfish choice. 

You may think you're ending the pain, the suffering. But all you're really doing is passing that on to someone else. 

You leave a gaping hole in those you left behind. The questions, the guilt of not seeing the signs. Of not doing more. 

Suicide is selfish. 

I should have seen the signs when Amy stopped wanting to go out to do the things we used to love to do together. Hiking, and sitting on the beach in the winter, bundled up in the same overly large sweater. 

I should have noticed the quiet meals. Her late nights at work that became more frequent. 

I should have noticed how she leaned away from my embrace instead of leaning into it. I should have noticed that she rarely smiled anymore. 

I noticed these things, sure… but I didn't realize the importance. I just summed it up to stress at work. Those long hours taking a heavy toll on her. 

I was blinded by my love for her, my need for her to be fine. 

The day I found out about Amy my world ended. 

Now all I'm left with is constant heartache. Constant questions that will never be answered. Constant overwhelming sadness…..

So please take this piece of advice. 

Suicide is selfish. 

I wish now that I let time heal my wounds. In time I would have gotten over Amy leaving me for her boss. I would have learned to forgive and move on, instead of being left in a pit of despair so deep that it's suffocating. 

Suicide is never the answer to your problems. Trust me. 

I just wish I would have known that before I jumped.

----
 
Credits

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I've Learned...

Written by Andy Rooney, a man who had the gift of saying so much with so few words. Rooney used to be on 60 Minutes TV show. I've learned.... That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person. I've learned.... That when you're in love, it shows. I've learned .... That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day. I've learned.... That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world. I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being right. I've learned.... That you should never say no to a gift from a child. I've learned.... That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in any other way. I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with. I've learned.... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand. I'