Skip to main content

A Beast Named Fray


Once upon a time, there was a beast named Fray.

He was an ugly beast with vicious claws and teeth!

He lived in a forest alone and never went too close to the village for he was scared of it.

But one day, he met a lost girl.

She cried and cried and cried calling out for help.

Fray was hiding behind a large tree and the lost girl couldn't see him.

"She's lost..."

The beast whispered to himself.

The lost girl looked around frantically as if she was hearing a beast's voice.

"Hello?" She spoke softly. "Is someone there?"

Fray walked out from behind the tree and said, "Don't be afraid. I can help you."

The lost girl suddenly stopped crying as for she was surprised to see a beast in front of her.

"Let me help you." Fray extended his paw to her.

"Get away from me!" The lost girl screamed and ran away.

Fray was sad and angry as he couldn't help the lost girl.

"If I was human, I could've helped her!" The beast's anger roared throughout the forest.

"My, my, my. How I hear a sad little man wanting to become human."

"Who's there?" The beast growled.

"Go deeper into the forest and you will find a potion that'll turn you into human. But be warned, once you take it, there is a heavy price to pay."

And deeper into the forest did Fray go.

He found a potion, just like the mysterious person said there would.

Fray took a gulp of this potion and magically he turned into human.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Fray's clear, human voice echoed throughout the forest.

There was no word from the mysterious person. Only the sound of the tree's rustle.

"I need to find the lost girl again. I can help her!" He told himself.

Fray started running towards where he last seen the girl and luckily, he found her.

"Help me, help me!" The lost girl cried. "I'm lost! Do you know where my village is?"

"Yes, yes, I do. It's close by."

Fray offered his hand and the lost girl held his hand tightly.

And as soon as Fray held the lost girl's hand, the wind started to blow ferociously.

"There is a heavy price to pay. ---Hahahahaha!!--"

Fray didn't pay attention to the mysterious call as he was quickly falling in love with the lost girl.

3 years later, the daughter of Fray was born.

"Rose... That's her name." The lost girl, Emeny, breathed heavily, and said, "Don't you think it's wonderful?"

"That is a beautiful name," Fray agreed.

"There is a heavy price to pay. ---Hahahahaha!!--"

Fray shook his head, getting the weird voices out inside of him. He paid no attention to the threat until...

The baby Rose started growing hair all around her body. Hands started to become paws and a snout was growing from her mouth. Sharp teeth grew until Rose suddenly became a monster.

Fray stepped back and Rose growled at her parents. She quickly ran out the front door and went into the deep, dark forest.

"Emeny! Emeny! Wake up!" Fray panicked.

Emeny didn't wake up. Her hand was as cold as the ground.

Her heart stopped beating.

She was dead.

"The price has been paid! The price has been paid! Your wife has died and your daughter is now a beast just like you! You will forever be alone just as you were when you were a beast!"

Fray cried with immense anger.

"You cursed me! I was never human to begin with! Why did you do this?"

"I'm bound to this forsaken forest for all eternity. Your daughter will be my vessel as I will escape from this wretched place."

Fray was shocked.

"Please, turn me back into a beast! I do not want to be human anymore! Take me. I will be your beast. I will be your vessel."

"But you are already a beast."

Fray looked at his hands and with immense fear, he roared in disbelief.


"You are a beast and forever a beast. And your daughter will be my vessel. ----hahaha----"

NO!!!

And Fray went into the forest to find his daughter as he is forever the beast named Fray.

THE END

---
Source: A Beast Named Eliza (video game)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets