Skip to main content

The Last Texts My Brother Sent Me




I had been napping the entire day when my phone began to chirp with text notifications. They were from my older brother, Tom. His texts are in italics and mine are in bold.


where u at
hello
Hey, where are you?


I sat up and texted him back.


laying on the couch
seriously, where u at
I’m in the living room, where are you
nice try asshole, I’m in the living room. seriously, get home whenever you can, something is weird.


I turned around on the couch and looked around. I wasn’t sure what he was playing at. I figured I’d go along with the ruse just out of the fact I was bored as shit.

what’s weird?
it’s quiet, like freaky quiet. And where is Jasper?

I look over at the recliner and see our dachshund, Jasper, fast asleep.

are you trying to scare me? Jasper’s sitting on recliner
wtf are you talking about? I’m sitting in the recliner right now

It was at this point I finally got freaked out. Well done bro, your seemingly lame ass prank got to me.

just stop already, I’m on the couch looking at the chair. where are you really? You at emily’s?
I was, I left her place about an hour ago, this nasty rainstorm made the drive take forever.

I looked out the window, the sun was shining brightly.

what rainstorm?
the one that’s going on outside. Its like Noah’s Ark shit out there man. How you not seeing it?

I finally got bored enough with his prank and put my phone down. My phone continued to chirp with notifications. God he was desperate. I ignored his texts for a good 30 minutes until finally I picked my phone back up.

what the hell, my phone won’t charge
I’ve tried every outlet in the house
nothing will turn on, did the power go out?
what the hell is that noise? It’s like grinding metal?
hey, seriously, come home, I’m freaking the fuck out.
the rain will not stop, I can barely see outside
I keep getting a dial tone every time I call you
fuck my battery is down to 5% and it won’t take a charge. The house phone is down too.
please come home. Seriously!
that noise is getting louder, please tell me you are doing it!
I texted mom and dad. They aren’t answering me. They must be at the movies still.
okay, you win, I’m terrified. You win, you win, you win. Now get home please!!!!!!
CHRIS, FUCKING TEXT ME BACK!

These were the last texts I ever got from my brother. We filed a missing person’s report the next day. The last person to see him was his girlfriend Emily. She said Tom was acting normal and nothing was unusual that day. A security camera at a gas station a few miles away caught him heading north towards our house. But we could never find his car. I’ve tried texting him, but no texts ever come back.

My mom and dad got texts from him too. They won’t show me them. I don’t know why.

Maybe I’ll check…

---


By reddit user chris2485

Comments

You should try some spy apps to read messages on parents phones! spy-apps-software

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets