Skip to main content

Forever in My Heart


Alone, I cry in the dark
Longing for you,
Your touch, Your love

You said I was your everything,
Said I was forever yours,
Told me you needed me to live,
That without me you would die.

You lied.

If you meant it you would be here,
If you truly loved me you would come wipe the tears I cry for you away,
Tell me not to cry,
Tell me you love me,
That youre sorry.

The way things ended,
They didnt end well.

I know youre hurt,
Im in pain as well,
Here I lie alone,
Missing you like hell.

Unlike you I meant what I said,
Meant every word,
Youre always in my head,
My one true love.

Forever youre in my heart,
You could kill me,
Laugh as I break apart,
But I would still love you.

You cheated,
Went with her behind my back,
You said that kiss meant nothing,
I believed you.

You said you were sorry,
And wouldnt do it again,
I forgave you,
Trusted you.

You lied again.

We fell deeper in love every day,
Every second,
You hoped to make me your wife,
Promised you would never leave me,
And with me youd spend your life.

Broken promises filled the halls,
I didnt know what to do,
There was silence in crumbling walls.

Here I lie,
All alone,
Hoping one day,
Youll come home.

Knowing fully,
I cant bring you back,
For you left by choice,
Now my future is black.

Im falling,
Waiting for you to catch me,
Knowing youre gone,
Shedding tears under our old tree.

I saw you today,
I heard your voice on the wind,
You said you love me,
And told me to never give in.

I cried,
Missing you,
Waiting,
Now I wonder, who?
Who took you away?
Stole you from my life,
I remembered your mom,
Wishing I could be your future wife.

My tears turned to sobs,
I blocked out the world,
Slipped into depression,
Hoping Id meet you sometime again.

You broke your promises,
You lied,
But still I love you,
My heart is yours.
You said you were sorry,
Hated yourself for what you did,
Said you would burn in hell,
I knew you wouldnt,
But I didnt tell.

We were holding each other,
Never to be separated,
Not even by your mother.

This time I wont let you go,
Ill cling to you for my dear life,
And one day,
Ill become your wife.

Well move to the country,
Away from Joy,
Just me and you,
Now were married,
Our life together starts a new.

You pace around the hospitals halls,
While Im in pain behind think walls,
You soon hear crying,
And our family has grown.

Austin was now born,
He had your eyes,
Your brown hair,
He looked at us with pride,
Knowing he was the heir of a family unlike any other.

Then he looked at me and smiled,
He knew I was his mother.
I smiled back,
Tears streaming down my face,
You wiped my tears then soon whispered,
Tears are words the heart cant say,
Our lips soon met,
I could taste the salty tears rolling down your face.

The door slammed open,
Then banged against the wall,
And bam! There went everything,
All gone down the hall.

I was alone,
With my head against our tree,
I was 14 again,
You were no where to be found,
And my tears of joy soon turned to sorrow.

It was dark and cold,
I remembered the news,
The coming rain,
Then cried some more,
We kissed in the rain.

The raindrops hit my bare skin like needles,
But nothing could hurt worse than losing you,
I sobbed,
Gasped for breath,
Then I laughed at the thought,
That the rain covered my tears,
Fooled everything into thinking I wasnt crying.

But they were wrong,
And I was wrong,
In the end,
My world came crashing down.

Now here I lie,
30 years old and still alone,
Waiting for you,
Hoping that one day youll come home,
I know you wont.
You cant.

But I still hope,
I still cry,
I still love you,
I will until I die.

My love for you is deathless,
You must know its true,
My last heartbeat,
Will beat just for you.

Youre forever in my heart,
My loving you will never end,
Even in death.

And when my day comes,
I have my last breath,
I will still be there hoping for you
To hold me as my pain finally fades.
And silently,
My last breath will whisper your name

(Poem by Courtney Snow)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets